Support This Site

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Experimenting with food

For ages I have wanted to experiment with cooking.
Every week I have been watching Gordon Ramsay's F word and desperate to try out one of his recipes. Especially the Fast food recipes that are only supposed to take about 15 minutes.

Friday I bit the bullet and told the kids I am going to try one of Gordon's pasta recipes. Knowing that they love Pasta so this should be an easy one for them to try.

I didn't do it exactly like the recipe. I missed out the chili and the pepper and I didn't have olive oil so used normal sunflower oil. (Have you seen the price of olive oil??)

It actually turned out very nice. I put a bit too much cream in though so it took me a bit longer as I tried to reduce the cream off a bit.

The verdict of the children was that they loved it. DD didn't like the Prawns but gave a thumbs up for the rest.

Might try another GR recipe next Friday.

Stumble UponStumble it!

1 comment:

DiamondsSaphire said...

I love Hell's Kitchen..Never miss a show. Looks like a good recipe.