Support This Site

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Citizen's advice bureau

Wednesday morning I was up and washed ready to leave the house with the kids at 8am. It is sad but if you don't get the the CAB by around 8.30am even though they don't open until 9.30 you risk not being seen at all. So I was 3rd in the queue with a guarantee of getting that all important advice on my removals situation.

At about 8.45 they opened the doors so that we could go inside and gave us all tickets.
I was the 3rd person to be seen at around 9.45am. I saw a very nice elderly lady and started to pour out the whole story. She was very sympathetic to my problem and took lots of notes.

Then she left the room to consult with her colleagues and look up the relevant info.
About 15 minutes later the advisor returned with her findings.

Basically I have to write a letter to the original firm that I made the booking/contract with and inform them of everything that happened and attempt to get some recourse from them. This letter will be sent recorded delivery. The CAB have also made me an appointment with a legal advisor for 2 weeks time. Hopefully there will be some satisfying result to the whole thing.

I was out of the CAB by 10.30 so then I went across the road to Deb's shop to look at some curtains and although I still didn't get any nice ones for the front room, I did get some nice blue ones for DS' room.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: