Support This Site

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Just like being on holiday

We still don't have any Gas in our new home which means that I can't get the gas cooker connected and we can't cook any proper meals. I have been doing my best to cook worthwhile meals in the microwave but that is faltering due to the fact that it has never had so much use.

Tonight as a treat and a break from nuked food I offered to get take aways. DD doesn't like the local Chinese so opted to go get her own from another local takeaway. DS was quite happy to have the battered burger and chips and I chose to treat myself to Curried King Prawns with Chicken.

It is just like being on holiday as we sit around and tuck into our various take out meals. Only we have our valued possessions around us as well as the cats.
There will come a time when I will have to get the cooker connected in and start cooking proper nutritious meals but until that comes we can have some fun.

The pieces of chicken in my curry were enormous and I ended up having to get a knife so I could them into smaller sized pieces. There was also loads more than I could eat so I ended up throwing a lot of the chips away but I made sure I ate all the curry YUM! and all for £4.50

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: