Support This Site

Monday, October 29, 2007

Its kiddies party time again

This month it will be my niece's 3rd birthday. If you read every entry in my blog you may remember that she is a Halloween baby so her birthday party was Saturday evening (27th October)
This year it was a joint party with a friend of the family - a little boy who was celebrating his 7th birthday. The venue was a local community centre and this year My Nan would be there.

We got a taxi up there after 6 and unfortunately we were a little late. I had thought the party started at 6.30 but it was a 6pm start after all. When we arrived the games were in full swing. We went and sat with my Nan and watched as the kids got excited.
Guess what? I got my camera out to take some piccies only to find that I had left my memory card in the laptop. I was so annoyed. I would have to resort to taking pictures and videos on my phone...Oh guess what?? I ran out of memory...D'OH

It was an enjoyable evening as we watched the kids play musical statues and bumps and musical chairs. We missed pin the tail on the donkey but we were invited to join in when they played a game with 4 chairs. The 4 of us took a chair each and we were given names...I don't know if Ange was trying to tell me something when she named me Goofy!!
So the music plays and the children dance and when the music stops they run to a chair, then someone calls out a name (Goofy/Minnie/Mickey/Donald) and if you are stood at that chair you are out.

After the kids party finished about 7.30 they got the Singstar and the PS2 out and it was singing time. Ange kept trying to persuade me to have a go but it is so long since I have sung that I just couldn't- especially in front of people that I sort of know but not very well. I am fine in front of total strangers however...

They had the use of the hall until 10pm so about 9.30 the big cleanup began. Ange came over to me and said that they were all going back to someones house and I was welcome if I wanted to. Bearing in mind I was the only one not to have had a drink that evening it could have been a disaster but I decided to go along if only to keep Nan company.

I did end up having a go on the Singstar later on. I sang twice with Ange, the first time we sang Dido (Thank you) and she trounced me but the second time we sang Duran Duran (Hungry like the Wolf) and i won. I actually could start to see why everyone was addicted to it. There might be a game or 2 of this in someones Christmas stocking this year...

We stayed there until about 1am and then walked back to Ange's. She has done a lot of work since the last time I was there (Last Christmas) and the place looks really nice...If only I could achieve such a look.

We rang and taxi which we shared with Debz and her bf and got home about 2ish I think...Hard to gauge as the clocks went back at sometime in between.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: