Support This Site

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Meter fail


My waking up routine usually consists of Greg James voice stirring me at around 6am then the blasting alarm of my phone about 6.25am and then the central heating kicking in at 6.30. However this morning as I lay there I realised there was no pipes clanging. I reached out to feel the radiator and it was stone cold. I groaned as It occured to me that the gas had propbably gone so I had to drag meself down the stairs to put the emergency on.

I got the stepladders and went out into the cold. I had to use my phone as a source of light as the meter is in a dark corner. Dread spread through me though as the meter screen read FAIL "WHAT????!" I swore a little bit and then slammed the door and went back inside - I would say back into the warm but the inside wasn't any warmer than the outside.

Luckily I still have the halogen heater that was an essential back in the old house so at least I could heat up the kitchen while the children ate their breakfast but this will be one morning they couldn't wait to get into school.

So I have rung NPower and am now sat here waiting for an engineer. I will ring TBG in a bit and tell them I am not coming in this morning. I was only supposed to be in till 12 anyway as it is DS' appointment this afternoon. Hopefully the engineer comes before then as I don't want to miss that after I am so worked up about it.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: