Support This Site

Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Doctor's back


I had mixed feelings about the return of Doctor Who last night. Mostly because they have made a severe error of judgement in recruiting Catherine Tate as the new companion.

I really can't abide her. She has no acting skills at all and everything she does is just a more ridiculous extension of herself.

I cannot take her seriously at all because all I see is one of her stupid characters from her TV show. I tried to go into it open minded but that was impossible.

I have to say she was only slightly more bearable than Martha's parents from series 3 though, Although they were much more bearable than the character of Donna's Mother and I am wondering if Tate is playing this character also. She is like her to a T.

The episode itself was absolutely amazing though.


The Adipose are gorgeous and I already hear the cry for little furry Adipose.


The Doctor is back on full form - I am going to miss DT when he's gone *sob* Congrats to RTD for another brilliantly written episode. He has his Knockers but some of my favourite episodes have been written by him and I can't fault it at all. Some people might not like RTD's Doctor but I love him and the way DT plays it is spot on.

I could understand the doc's reluctance to take on a new companion after the intensity of Martha but we are told Ms Noble is going to be nothing like young miss Jones and all she wants is the adventure. I hope that RTD sticks to that rubber faced Noble doesn't get all doey eyed.

It was great to see Sarah Lancashire back on our screens as the galactic SuperNanny. She was brilliant!



One major surprise at the end. We already knew Rose would make an appearance in this series but to have her appear in the very first episode was a shock. I wonder if Rose is going to be this season's Torchwood or Bad Wolf? With Rose appearing here and there throughout the series.

I will look forward to finding out.

Screencaps from marishna.livejournal.com/

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: