Support This Site

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Today I be teacher


This week is going soo slow.
It is my last week at TBG. Not much to do other than job search which can get very monotonous when you just keep finding the same jobs with each search.
This morning I thought would be more of the same until I was summoned to Clive's room. He asked me if I wanted to help out with some CV work and I thought that would be easy until he told me it would be with the Gateway to work group. These are only young people who are just starting to put together CVs and look for work. A couple of them had a CV from school as a starting place but 3 of them were starting from scratch.

I had 5 learners to work with and we settled in the IT suite. I had to think on my toes as I had to make sure I gave them all equal time. Luckily they had basic pc skills which made the job easier - otherwise I would be doing more typing for them as well as advising them on what to type.

It did get a bit stressful at one time when 2 or 3 of the learners all had their hands in the air "Miss"
It was a shame that I had to leave at 2.30 as I had helped 2 of the learners complete their CVs but the others weren't finished and I would have liked to see it through to the end.
I don't think I will be working with them tomorrow as I need to get my jobsearch done for this week.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: