Support This Site

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Junior football tournament


I was up at the ungodly hour of 7.30 Saturday morning as I was going along to watch my nephew play in his first ever football tournament. They were picking me up just after 9am and I had to be ready. Unfortunately the weather gods didn't smile on my DN and it was horrendous.
He and all the other great under 7 talents soldiered on though.

It was DN's first time playing in a proper tournament and I think he did brilliantly. Ange told me he was good but I didn't realise quite how good.

By the first game the poor little souls were soaked through and frozen they got in their positions on the pitch and kept moving to keep warm but the other team never showed. So they won by default but then had to wait another hour before they could play their first game.

All the other teams were really good I couldn't believe it for such little people. Unfortunately DN's team didn't manage to win a game but they did draw 0-0 in 1 match which was a victory for them.
Of course the children weren't the only ones that were wet and cold us adults were too but we had to keep up the support. I tell you it wasn't hard as I was so proud that most of the time I forgot about the rain.
little Dear Niece was awesome too, although she was shaking with cold she continued to shout and yell for her brother - An example to us all!

What really made me laugh was some of the parents and coaches that were yelling from the sidelines and kicking every ball with their dear offspring. It was as if some of them were living through their child. Some of the coaches were a bit harsh if you ask me. They were trying their best bless 'em and they were wet and freezing. I really like DN's coach as he praised each of his team continually all the way through their game. He gave them instructions and when they made a good pass or a good tackle he would tell them so.

I think we met a former Rams legend while we were there. He was with the mother of the little girl in DS' team although we think he may have been her uncle rather than her Dad (As in the brother of her mother) I was ear-wigging a lot but they were talking about when he used to play for Derby.He also talked about when he left Derby for Leicester and how he doesn't go anymore to watch as he gets frustrated. They also said he will be playing in the masters in a couple of weeks on SKY so I will have to watch it to see him.


Rob said he thinks that it was Phil Gee. I couldn't be sure really and wouldn't like to say but I have looked up some pics online and I think he may be right.

Ange and Rob dropped me off back at home about 3pm and I jumped straight in the bath to warm up. We were meant to be going round to Debz' later too.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: