Support This Site

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Today I made bread

I couldn't wait for delivery of my new breadmaker so I bought a bread mix from Sainsburys and decided to have a go by hand.
The mix I used today was Parmesan and Sun dried tomatoes.

First of all I mix the ingredients with water until it was the right consistency. While I left it to rest I watched Punk'd they were punking Zak Effron off of High School Musical.

The next step was to knead and stretch the dough until it was ready to go into the tin and go in the cupboard to proof.

I watched the rest of Punk'd until it was ready to go in the oven and then I watched Little Miss Sunshine.


The bread only took 30mins to cook and I couldn't wait for it to cool so I cut into it straight away.


The crust was a bit hard but it was absolutely gorgeous. I think it might have been a bit stodgy inside but I cut a couple of slices and made Bacon butties and they were absolutely fabby Yummy drool.


I can imagine that it will be so much better cooked in the breadmaker but at least I know I can do it by hand.
I got the teens' approval too which is always a good thing.

I've another one in the cupboard but that is a multi-grain loaf so I will probably be eating that one myself but I will definitely be buying this one again.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: