Support This Site

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yummy Scrummy

A while ago Bill and I were watching TV just flicking through the channels when we came across Jamie Oliver making 2 superb recipes. The second of these was like a Chocolate bread roulade.

Sweet Rolled Bread of Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Banana:
1 jar chocolate spread
Chopped toasted hazelnuts
2 bananas, sliced

Basic Bread Mix: Mix all the ingredients together and knead into a dough.
On the rolled out dough use a palette knife to cover the surface with chocolate spread. Sprinkle some toasted chopped hazelnuts and the sliced banana onto the dough. Roll up into a cannelloni shape and then roll the long snake shape inside itself to form a snail shape. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Transfer to a baking tray dusted with flour and allow to proof for 15 minutes.
Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 35 minute


I didn't add Bananas or nuts as I can't eat either of them but I did sprinkle with brown sugar and chocolate chips.

It came out brilliant.


So much so that there is hardly any left.


It is very moorish and I guess it is also extremely fattening but I estimate it cost about 70p and I still have enough ingredients to make another 2 at some time or another. It would be nice for breakfast too.

1 Massive success this time round!

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: