Support This Site

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Celebrity cooking

I have got into 2 celebrity cooking shows this week.

First of all Celebrity Masterchef on Watch. I think it is from Last year. I haven't watched the whole series. I started at the last 2 episodes of the heats.

I am trying to understand why celebrities go on these shows. You would think they would want to give a good account of themselves.
In Masterchef, Gemma Atkins admitted she had never cooked anything before. So OK, first of all why would you admit that? Then how do you go from never cooking to making an omelette? or a Chicken stir fry for that. I do cook but I can't for the loife of me make an omelette that actually looks or tastes good. She did manage to spoil her stir fry by adding way too much Tabasco sauce but in the second round she pulled it out the bag. For one of the rounds the celebs have to go into a serving restaurant and cook food for punters. That is bravery.

So we are down to the final with Craig Revel Horward, Nadia Sawalha and Midge Ure and it is getting tense. I am enjoying seeing Revel Horward especially under stress and having to deal with the criticism. He is very out there with his food design.

Celebrity Come Dine with me is a whole different story. We have Abi Titmuss, Leslie Joseph, Paul Ross, Linda Lusardi and Rodney Marsh.


Rodney Marsh has never cooked in his life and I doubt if he knew where the kitchen was before this show. His daughter did most of the prep for him and in the evening when it came to cooking the meal, His guests did most of the work too.

Leslie Joseph was a complete disaster. The Lamb was hardly cooked so Linda Lusardi was slicing it up and grilling it. The veg were all rock hard and the chocolate mousse was bitter.

She is a complete mess so why would she let people see her?

I can imagine that Linda Lusardi will be wonderful as the mum of 3 and I think that Abi Titmuss will win it.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: