Support This Site

Friday, January 16, 2009

Glorious day

I have been waiting for this day for ages.
Lisa and I had planned to get together the week before Christmas but unfortuntely her Back problems escalated and she was rushed into hospital and ended up having an op which left her unable to do anything over the Christmas period.

Finally we managed to get our butts in gear and I was off to Spondon to Lisa's house.
There was a little drama on my way. I was walking through town and a little old woman walking beside me suddenly slipped over and was on her back. I panicked! I didn't know what to do. I asked her is she was OK and she seemed very dazed. I offered her my hand to help her up and luckily some other people came over.
Between us we managed to get her up but we all noticed she was wearing slippers and when 1 of the women suggested we get hold of someone to come and fetch her, she insisted she just wanted to get to the Eagle centre.

So this 1 woman and her husband said that as they were going that way, they would help her on her way. I excused myself then as I could see my bus in. To be honest I really didn't know what I could do to help. I am rubbish at this kind of thing and I swear I have no compassion at all.

I got on the very nice new Indigo bus with the posh and roomy leather seats and got very comfortable.

I got off the bus at the good old Anglers and made the walk up to Lisa'a house.

It was great to see her up and about on her feet again. It was quite scary at Christmas when her hubby rang to tell me she was in Hospital.
We were soon sat in the front room, glass of wine in hand and putting the world to rights as we do!

Lisa had done a nice spread of food on. Both her hubby and her boys thought that we were expecting more people but she is wise and knew that it would be enough to feed her men too.
In fact before long the boys were home from school. I am sure that they grow a couple of inches everytime I see them.

I had a couple of visits to the food - a couple of Chicken drumsticks, salad, potato salad, breadsticks, bread topped with various delicious toppings.

For desserts a gorgeous thick and sticky Lemon Cheesecake and chocolate profiteroles.

Pretty soon it was past 9pm and I had to look at catching the bus home. Lisa gave me my Christmas pressies - A big old Panettone in a lovely Christmas box and another present which I saved to open when I got home and was a box of Thornton's choccies.

Before I left Lisa asked her hubby to take a picture of us which I am impressed with and is the best picture I have seen of me for a long time.

Lisa walked me to the bus stop and it wasn't long before the bus came. We said our goodbyes and off I went.

I was home by 10pm. I did have a banging headache though and realised we got through 3 bottles and half a box of wine so I was quite glad that my head was banging already it would mean if I drank a few pints of water then no hangover for me!! :)

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: