Support This Site

Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So with 5 hours to go till Big Ben Strikes his gongs for 2009 we were off to Debz for the Family NYE party.

We arrived about 7.30ish and all was quiet. I had never known it so quiet at Debz house. Deb and Tori were preparing the food in the kitchen and as I took off my glasses to wipe them because they had all steamed up, the worst thing happened - they broke! The lens fell out. Luckily though the screw was still there, it has just come loose. I took them off and both Deb and Bill preceded to try and fix them with a knife as she didn't have a screwdriver that would fit the tiny screw.

I felt my way to the kitchen as without my glasses, I am practically blind. All I see is a fuzzy world in front of me. I had scanned the room before my glasses had come away so I more or less knew where everyone was. I gave Tori my bag of goodies and just sat in my world of Blurriness while I waited to see if Bill could fix my specs.

Very fortunately for me Bill did manage to fix my specs and suddenly I could see again!!

I enjoyed the night overall. There was a little bit of mardy strops by the children and fights over games and drinks, sweets etc.. but they were good on the whole.

I was put in charge of all the glow sticks so the children were good to me while I was breaking them up and handing them out and I even got a couple for myself too.

Later on my dear niece came and sat with me to play Wario on her DS as the others played Cooking Mama on the Wii.

As time approached Midnight everyone gathered in front of the TV to see Big Ben chime for Midnight. It was so exciting. I had never seen so many people in Debz front room and I was actually glad to be part of it. One reason I don't like New Year as a Singleton is that at midnight all the couples are snogging and I just have to sit there twiddling my thumbs and smiling gracefully but there was enough people kissing each other that it didn't matter so much this time.

The kids all went off into the front room to let off their Party Poppers and pretty soon everyone was leaving.
I ordered a taxi at about 1am and was told it could be about 45 mins but it was here within 20 minutes.
Ange told us to take Nan round to hers on the way to save her the walk and we were home by 2am.

So A Happy New Year to all my friends!!!!
I will hope to be blogging more this year...Don't I say that every year LOL?? I will try every night to just pop something down even if it is a couple of lines.
I am not making any resolutions but I do want to change a few things...

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: