Support This Site

Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Distraction

This past weekend my old pal Brian came to stay. It's ages since he has been over so I was pretty excited. I have been over to his loads of times and I love it as I can get away from home and he always spoils me but when he comes here I get to spoil him for a change and cook for him instead.

I got up about 9ish and rang Brian to find out what time he was coming over. we had a cross over of texts and calls but we connected eventually.
I had tome to have some breakfast and catch up on twitter (The most important thing of course) then I set off about 10.15 to go meet him off the bus.
I was really slow and had to pop in the Poundshop for blank DVDs (Didn't get any) yet the bus still hadn't come in so when I spotted my old friend Dot campaigning for FOE I went over to say Hi.

When the bus got in Brian and I went over to the other £shop to try get some DVDs and Bri bought some sweeties for us and the kids for later.

Back at my house we settled down with coffee and biscuits to watch Never forget the Musical. I have already seen it several times but Brian never had and so was looking forward to seeing it.
It still gave me goosebumps and made me cry in the same places as ever.


After the video and the coffee and biscuits. Actually they weren't just any biscuits they were gorgeous luxury Belgian chocolate Florentines from my Hamper. Very moreish but very rich too. We practically ate the whole box between us bar 2 which I selflessly offered to the children.


Brian and I went out for a walk in the park. I was very cold and I forgot to take my scarf. We took a few pics while out. First Brian thought it would be interesting to take a picture of this melting snowman
Then he thought it would be fascinating to take a photo of this old lady and her dogs...

I took this rather interesting photo of our feet...

And we took a photo of each other. The rest can be seen from my facebook.


http://www.facebook.com/

After our little walk, we warmed up with more coffee. I cooked Pasta for tea and we settled down to Saturday evening TV. Of course we had all been looking forward to the 25th anniversary of The Bolero. It was fascinating to see How Torville and Dean rose to stardom.

It was about 1am when Bri started falling asleep in his chair so I made his bed up and off he went but I stayed up until about 2.30am. I guess I could have blogged then but I was catching up with messages etc...

It shows how different our lifestyles have become as I was woken with a start at about 8am Sunday morning with Brian coming into the front room. I was blissfully asleep until then and probably would have slept through until 10am but Brian is one for rising early.

When I was finally awake we watched an old film that both of us remembered from our childhoods that I had Skyplussed the previous evening "P'tang Yang kipperbang" It wasn't as good as I remembered but it was interesting all the same to see it again now.

By 1.30pm it was time to start back into town for Brian to get his bus home. There were lots of police around and lots of footie fans on their way to Pride park for the FA cup 5th round game between the Rams and ManUtd.

Once Brian was safely on the bus, I did a bit of shopping and got home ready to watch the game myself on the TV.
The result didn't go in our favour - in fact the reds won 4-1 but our lads didn't humiliate us or themselves and now we can just concentrate on elevating ourselves up the league!!

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: