Support This Site

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Comic relief BBC Derby Gagathon


Today the BBC and Des Coleman were in Derby raising money for Red nose day by getting people to tell jokes.

It is Comic relief Red nose day on Friday. It only happens once every 2 years. Everyone seems to go mad doing really whacky stuff to raise money. The Friday evening show is well worth watching as you see celebrities doing stuff they wouldn't normally do and showing themselves up for charity.

At 12pm in the Marketplace in Derby Des Coleman (Ex Eastender now Weather man) was rallying all the people of Derby to come and tell jokes for Comic relief.
To be honest I thought there would be a lot more people there. I had heard about it on the radio and went down especially but no one else seemed to have done that. It was all just regular shoppers passing through.


It started with Des going round the crowd with a megaphone and the BBC East Midlands tv crew grabbing people and getting them to tell a joke. Even if they didn't have one the team were well prepared with cards full of random jokes to tell.


I was approached but I declined...I wasn't quite ready to be on TV although I was snapped my the BBC Photographer several times (I am on about 6 of these photos)



The whole event lasted about 1 hour and was finished off by them attempting a world record attempt of having telling the same joke at the same time.
The joke was a bit lame though.





There were a few other attractions in the Marketplace along with the Red Nose day event.

A big bouncy house thing.

Lots of Big burly Firemen and the Fire service Smoke house. Which basically was a big tent with big billows of Smoke coming from it. I think you are supposed to go in and it demonstrates how it would be if the house was on fire.


I am not looking forward to seeing the TV coverage of the event as I can't imagine how I look on TV...

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: