Support This Site

Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Mother's day!

Sunday 22nd March this year's Mother's day didn't quite go the way it was planned.

I was promised breakfast in bed of pancakes just like on my birthday but I woke with a lot of pain in my back and legs and just couldn't stay in bed much longer so I got up and told Bill she could still make my breakfast as it didn't matter that I wasn't in bed anymore.

So after having made me coffee and waiting for Bret to arrive home, they set to making the pancakes but then it became apparent that we had run out of Gas. If you are confused as to what this means...My Gas meter is a pay as you go type. I have a top up card which I take to the shop and they top up with their machine then I put it in my meter and that registers how much I have paid and gives me gas until the money runs out when it just goes off again. I have no idea why it has run so fast this week as we haven't been having the heating on much do to the Spring-like weather.

So I made do with buttered Scones for my breakfast but I did get a lovely Mother's day card which is twice the size of the one I got last year.


I also was given by my wonderful children another box of belgian choccies and a wonderful surprise of Starbucks goodies - Starbucks mugs, Starbucks coffee, Starbucks chocolate and Starbucks Cookies. I Love my children soooo much :)

I had to give in and get dressed to go get some Gas. Unfortunately as the day had progressed, Bill became ill and was throwing up in the toilet every half an hour. So she wouldn't be making my dinner anytime soon. Although I couldn't really afford it, I bought myself some Bacon and cooked Bacon sarnies for my lunch.

Bret went swimming with Ange so Bill and me stayed and watched TV. I caught up on recorded shows while eating chocolate and drinking Vodka and Red Bull. We also finally watched the last 2 episodes of Pushing Daisies season 1.

In the evening after Bret arrived home I made him Pancakes and we all watched Dancing on Ice the Final.



It was a great Mother's day and I have 2 great and wonderful children who know how to treat their Mum well.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: