Support This Site

Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend in Scarborough Part Two

The cost of the weekend for the 2 rooms for 2 nights was £160 altogether and that included full English Breakfast so we were up b y 8.30 am as Breakfast was from 8-9am.

Carole was wonderful, A pot of coffee was brought to the table along with fresh toast and she invited us to help ourselves to cereal, milk and Juice from the Breakfast bar. Which we did. There was another family in the dining room too they had 2 small children. As soon as we were finished with our cereals Carole brought out our big plates that were full with Bacon,Egg,Sausage,Mushrooms,Beans,Hash Browns and Tomato. (The kids wouldn't let me take a photo)

My plan for Saturday was a trip up to the Castle which didn't seem far from the Hotel

It was about a 15 minute walk and involved a Hill to climb...

It was £4.70 each to get in which I was quite happy to pay as it goes towards the upkeep of what is left of the Castle. I seem to have developed a liking for our old English Castles. It is great that they have survived as much as they have. Especially Scarborough castle as it also sustained bomb damage in the War.

We spent a good hour walking around the Castle grounds taking lots of photos.

There was also a little exhibition that we had a look around too before stopping for a drink and a cookie. Once we had been round and were all photo'd out we set off to find the way to the seafront.It had been really cold and windy up on the hills looking round the Castle. It was a long walk downhill but we made it and the path comes out in front of the Lunar Park fair. By the time we reached the Seafront the clouds had dispersed and the sun was out. It was now hot enough for the suncream and I wished I had left my coat behind. We had a wander and went to Groovy Shakes for a Milkshake (Hot Choc for me) I think it is quite a new place but they are decked out like a 1960's American Diner and they can make a Milkshake out of anything. Bill had a Caramel Shake and Bret had a Boost shake. My Hot Choc was delicious and the mug had a picture of Marilyn on.

A must when we go to the seaside is always to go visit the Lifeboats and buy RNLI merchandise. I bought a pen which will go very well with my collection of other RNLI pens from Skegness, Filey, and Blackpool.

Lunch was Subway and they even had a big screen in their for the world cup matches. The signal was a bit weak though so it kept going off but it was better than no coverage at all.

After lunch I felt like I needed a rest so I forged a plan with the kids. I had a few things to get that I wanted to take back to the hotel before we went out later to watch the England game. I especially wanted to buy one of these I had used My sister Debz' holdall to come to Scarborough but I needed one of my own so that I could actually give it her back. I saw these in a ahop on the front for £4.99 so I thought that was a massive bargain. In fact this store had loads of England merch. I also bought an England umberella and an England cushion for Bill.

I took a different route from the front to the hotel and did panic a bit as I got a bit lost and it was still all uphill but I found it in the end and enjoyed an hour sat on my bed watching World cup coverage. It also gave me a chance to charge my iphone back up. As any Iphone owner will tell you the battery life is really pants and this was really difficult while out all day as I like to be tweeting and taking pictures all day and night to document my stay yet I am lucky if the battery lasts until bedtime. I did take the cable and wall plug adapter though so I could charge thru the night.

END OF PART TWO

Posted via web from jembie's posterous

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: